Planning to move to a completely different city from Massachusetts? If this is the case, you may be on the lookout for long distance movers in MA. It can get tough trying to find the right long distance moving company in MA, especially a moving company with a good record and good reviews. And you’ll probably also be on the lookout for long distance moving companies with cheap and affordable prices. Many companies tend to triple their price when it comes to a long distance move.
When choosing long distance movers in MA, here are some things to keep in mind:
Is the mover licensed and insured? Avoid a company which cannot prove both. No insurance means that if your things were to be damaged, you wouldn’t be compensated. No license means the violation of federal rules.
Does the moving company have good reviews? No company can escape the usual complaint but avoid those companies with a long history of complaints.
Are the movers experienced? Long distance moves can be difficult and risky. Make sure you choose a long distance moving company in MA who are experienced and up-to-date about long-distance moves.
Were you offered a detailed quote? Long distance movers in MA, before moving, tend to offer a detailed quote of the costs involved with every piece of furniture/material being moved. Be sure to compare quotes from different movers.
If you were to choose a long distance moving company in MA, my personal suggestion would be to choose All Point Movers. All Point Movers fit and pass all of the conditions of a good long distance moving company! They offer their services for state-to-state and cross-country moves. They offer a personalized and detailed quote before the move takes place. And the costs are generally affordable as compared to other companies! Plus, they have excellent reviews. This proves that All Point Movers are experienced in what they do. Make the best decision and choose All Point Movers.
Looking to move to Springfield in Massachusetts but can’t find a local moving company in Western MA who will charge less? Are all the moving companies that you’re aware of offer high prices for local moves and extra charges for other services as well? Or did you previously have a bad experience with local moving companies in Western MA that has you afraid to hire any other? There is a lot of local mover in Springfield MA that can be negligent but doesn’t you worry because All Point Movers is the answer to all your prayers.
All Point Movers is a local moving company in Western MA that offers to move your things for you from your original address in Massachusetts to any neighboring locations or states within 150 miles. They offer moves that include any office to the office move, in-house moves, next door moves, local relocation or any move within 150 miles. All Point Movers offer the best moving service you can ever wish for. They treat your things as they’re own and make sure that no damage happens. They even offer special packing services, with extra charges of course.
Speaking of charges, many people miss out on hiring local moving companies because of their high prices and high extra charges for extra services. But fear no more! All Point Movers is as affordable as it gets. They even offer retiree, veterans or off-season discounts! Normally, they charge at an hourly rate with a 2 ½ minimum. All Point Movers even offer their services to specially fit your busy schedule. For example, their second shift and weekend moving services!
Moving to neighboring places has been made easy by All Point Movers. Forget all those local movers in Springfield MA and their costly service. Try All Point Movers instead.
Moving is an exciting and frustrating experience. Whether moving a family or moving a business, there are a tremendous amount of details that need to be carefully managed to execute a smooth and stress-free move.
At All Points Movers, the company understands that every move is unique and the needs of every customer are different. For complete turnkey moving services from end-to-end, or only for part of the moving work, the industry-leading company provides the highest quality and most reliable moving services in western MA and beyond to the customers.
All Points Movers employs the following industry best practices to ensure that all valuables and other belongings are properly packed and arrive safely at their new destination on time.
Soft-pad wrap for all wooden surfaces
Shrink wrap all upholstered furniture for optimum protection
Roll and shrink wrap all rugs to keep them clean
Use mirror packs, mattress cartons or bags, and wardrobe cartons as needed to best protect these breakable items
Use a Cell-Pack System for all dishes, glassware, pictures and other collectibles
Install floor runners and door jamb protectors to ensure the buildings are not damaged
Use the proper equipment to move pianos and other oversized items
Insurance and value protection
To best meet the needs of its customers, the company offers a variety of packing service options to ensure that every move is done to perfection.
The company’s highly trained moving professionals pack everything with care using the best and safest packing materials.
Packing only the rooms or items that are specified while the client packs the rest.
The expert company provides professional guidance and all necessary packing materials. You pack all of your belongings yourself and let us know when you are done.
For those items that truly matter the most, All Points Movers carefully packs antiques, chandeliers, clocks, precious collections of glass, china, crystal, artwork, pictures, and more using the professional Cell-Pack System.
All Points Movers is one of the most expert local moving companies for anyone in Springfield or throughout Massachusetts and to locations in nearby states. Whether for comprehensive moving services or only to have a portion of the move professionally done, the company’s experts are ready to help.
The company considers local moves as those that include any moves within Massachusetts or to one of its neighboring states where the move is within 150 miles of the originating address. These moves can include: Any in-house move An office to office move A next door move from one building to another Any cross town move or local relocation Any move within 150 miles
All Points Movers provides nothing but the best service for all local moves, treating every move as if it were its own and offering the following professional services: Charges based on an hourly rate with a 2 ½ minimum Retiree, veteran and off-season discounts Second shift and weekend moving services to meet busy schedules Labor only for moving items around the home or office or for loading or unloading a truck, trailer or pod Packing or storage available for an additional charge
The expert moving company adheres to the following industry best practices to ensure valuables and belongings arrive safely at their new destination. Soft-pad wrap all wood and finished surfaces in the home or office before they are loaded on the truck Shrink wrap all upholstered furniture and items Roll and shrink wrap all rugs, these are never folded Use mirror packs, mattress cartons or bags, and wardrobe cartons as needed Use a Cell-Pack System for all dishes, glassware, pictures and other collectibles Install floor runners and door jamb protectors Bring the proper equipment for pianos of all sizes or other oversized items A variety of packing options for customers to select from Insurance and value protection
Whether moving a family into a new home or for a business upgrading to a larger facility, moving can be a stressful and difficult time. Everyone has concerns about properly packing everything so that it arrives safely without damage. Planning the logistics of packing up on one end and arriving on time at the new destination can be challenging. For any move in or around the Massachusetts area, All Points Movers is one of the most trusted, reliable and affordable movers that has been successfully moving people, families and businesses for many years.
The highly experienced and most preferred moving company in Western MA, All Points Movers specializes in both local moves and long-distance moves. The company’s experts carefully pack all belongings, using specialty packing supplies for things like dishes, antiques, pianos and other breakable valuables. When the schedule matters the most, All Points offers an expedited moving service to ensure that any move happens on time and per schedule.
One of the most dependable and reliable movers on the East Coast, All Points Movers uses the best industry practices to ensure the highest levels of safety and care. A full service moving company, All Points can manage an entire move no matter how large or small, or customize a moving package to offer only the services its clients need. Dedicated to delivering exceptional customer satisfaction, the company promises its clients: A friendly, helpful and patient voice on the other end of the phone who is there to help and answer any questions Prompt responses to messages until contact is made Deliver a pleasant, stress-free moving experience Friendly, courteous, motivated and uniformed team members who understand that the client comes first and customer satisfaction is the highest priority To start on time, work per the plan, and exceed every client’s expectations All team members have been fully vetted complete with background check by a third party for complete confidence Every job starts with a free in-home estimate to establish a positive, in person relationship right from the start Every move includes soft wrapping all wood and finished surfaces, plus shrink wrapping all upholstered furniture A dedication to keep the company’s commitments to every customer
Serving all locations in Massachusetts and the entire East Coast, anyone can rest easy knowing that All Points Movers is on the job. Contact the expert moving company today for any home, business, personal or office move of any size.
Download full article
Moving ranks # five on the list of things people dread most.
Death of a loved one, divorce, and bankruptcy lead the list. Moving is next…tied for # five on the list, with an I.R.S. audit, and just in case you’re curious, #6 on the list is a full-mouth teeth extraction.
Our task here is to remove “moving” from the list entirely. We provide you a schedule to get all the things done you have to get done—efficiently, on time, without stress, and without regret.
I am firmly committed to the notion that a written, itemized inventory and job cost estimate is by far the best way for a consumer to approach the task of moving. Get three different estimates. Not only will it clarify the scope of the job for you, the competitive bidding will save you money. It will also put you in the driver’s seat in any conversation that you have with movers. The best time to schedule an estimate is during the same time period realtors are showing a house to prospective buyers. With a stream of people through it, the house is organized, and it creates a sense of urgency for your prospective buyers.
6 Weeks until Your Move
- Get yourself one of those multi-pocket file folders, the type used for legal documents. This will allow you to aggregate your moving related receipts, important papers, timetables, and important notes in one central location.
- Start to use up those things that you can’t move, such as frozen foods and cleaning supplies.
- Remember to take some time to research your new city and community.
- If your employer is responsible for the move, verify your moving budget and clarify your responsibilities.
- Understand which expenses are tax-deductible.
- Grab your itemized estimate, and on a separate sheet of clean paper make three columns and label them:
- Items NOT to be moved – Junk, papers, magazines, and books are heavy. Throw them away if you can, donate or sell them if you prefer. Many of our clients take advantage of the storage option. Do you need a dumpster? Offer your neighbor a chance to split one with you. Save your money today or pay for it on moving day.
- Items to be moved by the MOVER – Are you sure you want to do your own packing?
- Items that you will move YOURSELF – List your other car(s), dogs, cats, plants…you get the picture.
- Make a list of the people you have to notify of your move: friends, professionals, creditors, subscriptions, prescriptions, etc. What services will have to be suspended? Phone, cable, trash?
- Account for all of your motor vehicle and registration documents.
- Make a list of the important personal records you will have to aggregate to take with you: school, medical, legal, accounting. Request the professional referrals you need.
- There are 10 items on the list this week. Tackle two of the tasks each day, and you won’t feel overwhelmed. You’ll get the weekend off, and it will give you a relaxing sense of control over the entire process.
5 Weeks until Your Move
- Submit change of address forms to the post office.
- Arrange special transportation for your pets, plants, other car, etc.
- Arrange to disconnect/connect all utilities – gas, electric, oil, water, telephone, cable, and trash, at your old and new addresses. Keep your origin phone and utilities connected through move day.
- Arrange insurance coverages at your new address – auto, homeowners, renter, medical, etc.
- Plan your yard sale to sell those items that will not be moved, arrange your donations, or reserve your trash bin…and the junk? The earlier you throw it out, the easier it will be to breathe.
- If you’re moving a distance, make whatever travel arrangements and reservations you will need.
- Locate any additional important papers, insurance, will, deed, stock, etc. Aggregate them into your moving folder.
4 Weeks until Your Move
- Create a floor plan of your new home and decide where you want your furniture to go.
- If you’re moving out of or into a building with elevators, contact the building supervisor to schedule use of the elevator and reserve space for the moving truck. Are there any other guidelines you have to adhere to?
- If you are doing some or all of your packing, have your mover drop off whatever assortment of boxes and paper that you’ll need to begin. It always takes longer to pack than most people assume. An early start puts you in control and reduces anxiety or stress. Start by packing those items that you will not need until after your move. As soon as you seal a box, make a notation of the contents on the side of it, and mark the room that the box is to be delivered to at the destination. Pack for one to two hours a day, then move on to another task. There’s plenty of time.
3 Weeks until Your Move
- Keep packing and marking those boxes. A little bit every day keeps you driving the bus.
- Get the cars in for their final service.
- Review this list to date to make certain nothing has fallen through the cracks. You’re in complete control now.
2 Weeks until Your Move
- Contact your moving consultant to update the estimate, and confirm all arrangements and details of the move.
- Keep packing. Box essential items together. Mark those boxes “Open First/Load Last.” When you move into your new home, these items will be easily recognized and available for immediate use.
- It’s a good idea to let the movers pack your more fragile valuables, like glassware, dishes, pictures, lamps, glass tops, etc. They have a proven methodology to protect these fragile items.
- Arrange to close the bank accounts at the origin and open them at the destination. All of those charge cards will have to be re-issued.
- Secure the contents of your safety deposit box, pick up dry cleaning, return library books and rented videos, etc.
- Drain gas and oil from the power equipment, lawn mowers, snow blowers, etc.
1 Week before Your Move
- Recheck your list—is everything on schedule?
- Prepare specific directions to your destination for your driver. Make sure that the moving company has your cell phone number, or any alternate number, so you can be reached while in transit.
- Are there any major appliances that have to be disconnected or serviced prior to the move? What about chandeliers or pool tables?
- Prepare your “trip kit” for moving day. This is your survival bag. It contains whatever essentials you will require for the trip. Load this into your car prior to the move. You don’t want your kit to be accidently packed onto the truck.
- Call ahead to make sure that the utilities have been turned on at the new house.
- If your moving consultant does not call you first, call him to confirm when the truck will arrive for pick up. Are there any last minute changes or needs?
- Make sure someone is home to welcome the movers and answer any questions that might arise.
- Review your floor plan so you’re sure where your furniture and appliances are to be placed.
- If it’s hot out, have cold drinks freely available for the movers. If you don’t offer, they won’t ask.
- Moving is a service industry and tips are an important addition to a mover’s income. Reward each mover just as you would your waiter. If the service is impeccable, tip them accordingly. I promise you they will work harder than any waiter or waitress you’ve ever had. Also consider that the pick-up crew may not be the same as the one that delivers your furniture. Both teams will give you their all.
At the Destination
- Plan to be present when the moving truck arrives. Have the driver call you when he’s an hour away.
- As each piece comes off the truck, have the movers call out the inventory number so you can check it off as being delivered in good order. This is an important task and one person should focus on this duty.
- Another person should be responsible for directing the placement of the furniture. This division of duties will streamline the move-in and prevent bottlenecks.
- Once everything has been unloaded, accounted for, and placed, the movers can unpack the boxes that they packed and remove the packing debris should you so desire. If you are doing the unpacking yourself, unpack what you’ll require for the first few days and pace the rest of you unpacking over the next couple of weeks. Focus on making your new home your home.
- It will all soon be over. You’ve been organized and timely; nothing fell through the cracks. When anyone asks, you’ll tell them moving was a breeze. Enjoy your new home.
The Household Goods Moving and Storage business is heavily regulated. Well meaning legislators hoping to get their name on legislation have targeted the industry in the name of “helping” the poor, uninformed public and havve driven the cost of providing this service higher. Yes, we deliver an excellent product, at an exceptional value for your precious belongings! But what if you aren’t shipping precious belongings and are just shipping…stuff? No antiques, no expensive collections, no china, crystal, silver or artwork…just stuff…and you don’t want to spend a lot of money doing it. You are an informed consumer and you’re willing to forego the protections, the insurance and the added costs. Send your stuff as freight and save the bucks! Period! Give us a call and we’ll explain it all to you.